The beautiful island of Kandolhu is the perfect island for those looking for the best of both worlds in the Maldives. Surrounded by beautiful coral reefs and picture-postcard white sands, this tiny island has so much to offer. This island boasts facilities that may fool you into thinking it was twice its size. The island is just 200m by 150m, situated in the stunning North Ari Atoll with only 30 villas, making you one of the exclusive guests on the island receiving second to none service.
If you think Kandolhu can’t offer anymore, then think again. The Maldivian-style villas are modern and elegant and even provide iPads and GoPro cameras to make sure you don’t miss a moment of your time on this stunning island. The Beach Villas also offer that modern and elegant feel and have a spacious open-air bathroom and bathtub. There are also Pool Villas and one or two-story Pool Villas as well as the famous Ocean and Ocean Pool Villas which are situated on an overwater jetty with your very own steps that lead straight to the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean below.
This island really does have everything and is the perfect setting for those looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of home and relax on the powder-white sands of this Maldivian heaven. Dip your toes into the warm waters and enjoy the collection of tropical fish, turtles, and even sharks. You can enter the house reef from various points around the island, and the dive sites through the dive centre.
Sleeping up to 2 people, these popular villas are situated on the west side of the island. They host a large open-air bathroom with jetted bathtub and have a spacious outdoor decked area with loungers that overlook the water. They have a selection of home comforts including flat-screen television, iPad, and iPod docking area, GoPro camera, espresso machine, and WiFi.
This spacious Villa faces the East side of the island and provides a great space for all your needs. A lovely dressing area, open-air bathroom, air-conditioning, flat-screen TV, espresso machine, iPad and iPod docking area, and GoPro camera. The spacious outdoor space includes sun loungers and a private pool with amazing views of the lagoon.
Duplex Pool Villa
On the west side of the island, with two stories. Downstairs features a living area, dressing area, open-air bathroom, and terrace with private 18m² pool, while upstairs has a spacious bedroom, second bathroom, and balcony with ocean views.
This overwater villa is the perfect place to sit back, relax with the ocean around you. The outdoor sundeck has sun loungers and private steps into the ocean below. The villa provides an unforgettable experience with a flat-screen tv, iPad, iPod docking area, GoPro, and espresso machine. The comes complete with a spacious bathroom with a shower.
Ocean Pool Villa
This stunning overwater villa with a pool is pure luxury. The villa faces the sunset, and provides stunning views over the ocean, and is the perfect place to sit in an evening and watch a sunset like no other. There is an outdoor decking area complete with sun loungers and a pool. The villa is air-conditioned and hosts a flatscreen tv, iPad and iPod docking area, Go Pro camera, espresso machine, and a spacious bathroom.
For those wanting to stay active while away, the island provides a state of the art gym, or you could take a stroll around the island to take in those stunning views from all angles. For the divers among you, some of the best Maldives diving is located just a few minutes from some of the best dive sites in North and South Ari Atoll. Snorkelling is also a must, and Kandolhu house reef offers some of the best snorkelling experiences. With its house reef around set around the island, it provides the perfect place to swim among the stunning colourful fish, and experience their home! If you are looking for total relaxation, head to the Spa for one of the many-body treatments on offer. You can also take part in non-motorised water sports and sailing. A small boutique offers a selection of local items, postcards, and souvenirs.
Restaurants & bars
Dining on Kandolhu really is a treat, and you can dine from 07:30 through to 11 pm. There are five eateries on the island providing a variety of cuisine and dining styles.
- The Market is the place to be for all-day dining, and offers food from around the world, from local dishes to homemade pizza. There is something here for everyone.
- Olive is the place for those Mediterranean classic dishes. With panoramic views of the ocean, this modern open-air restaurant serves homemade pasta dishes as well as seafood delights.
- Sea Grill is the home of fish and meat dishes. You can even choose your own fish and the chef will cook it to your taste. You can also enjoy mouth-watering meat specials from the tandoor oven.
- Banzai is a must-visit. Hosting just six seats, booking in advance essential. This unique Japanese restaurant serves creative sushi and teppanyaki dishes, Surf and Turf, scallop, and chicken dishes to name a few.
- Ata-Roa is Kandolhu’s newest restaurant. It is proud to serve light flavoursome street food-style dishes from Mexico and Peru. Set on the Sports jetty, prides itself on using fresh ingredients, and specialises in tacos and ceviche. Don’t forget to grab yourself a Mexican beer or cocktail while you are there. They are not to be missed.
- The Vilu bar provides its guests with a relaxing atmosphere with seating both indoors and out, serving a wide variety of cocktails and other drinks. Here is where you will also find the occasional entertainment programme, such as bands and movies on the beach.
Pricing & Upgrades
- A La Carte Dining and All-inclusive package available
- Small Intimate Island
- Activities programme
- 5 restaurants
Board basis: This offer is based on Bed and Breakfast.
Accommodation: This offer is based on a Beach Villa. Upgrade to a Pool Villa, Duplex Pool Villa, Ocean Villa or Ocean Villa with Pool, please ask for more information.
Not sure when you would like to travel? See below for our monthly price breakdown.
- January 2022 from £4,255 per person
- February 2022 from £3,705 per person
- March 2022 from £3,655 per person
- April 2022 from £3,807 per person
- May 2022 from £2,891 per person
- June 2022 from £2,891 per person
- July 2022 from £2,784 per person
- August 2022 from £2,899 per person
- September 2022 from £2,899 per person
- October 2022 from £2,899 per person
- November 2022 from £3,572 per person
- December 2022 from £3,678 per person