Having recently undergone a luxury refurbishment, this small romantic island is an architectural gem. The island may only be 350m in length, but it still has two wide idyllic beaches and a dazzling lagoon. Snorkel the house reef or take a trip on one of the dive’s centre’s boats where you can go further out into the Maldivian waters and admire the turtles, manta rays and whale sharks going about their daily business.
Fancy a day away from the lagoon and sea life…take a dip in the beachfront infinity pool, lounge on the chic sofas poolside and have a few of your favourite tipples in the Water Bar. If coffee is more your thing, take a stroll to the Library Lounge coffee shop and enjoy a range of hot drinks and light snacks.
Dining comes with a choice of options:
- Cuisine Gallery – the main buffet restaurant offering Mediterranean and Asian infused dishes with local flavour twists.
- Moodhu Grill – the island’s signature restaurant, taking pride of place on the beach. Choose from premium meats, seafood and tandoori dishes to excite your taste buds.
- Umi Overwater Restaurant – Teppanyaki dining with theatrics you are sure to enjoy.
- Ocean Café – located above the Water Bar, serving pizzas, pastas, burgers, salads by day and a western contemporary menu by night.
- Las Tapas – Perfect for salads and light bites.
- Lonubo – Exclusive private dining packages. Dine on a private uninhabited island and enjoy a 5 course meal with your own private chef and waiter. After dinner, you will be left on the island on your own to stargaze on a large beach bed. From £346 per person, but it truly is an experience of a lifetime.
Maafushivaru has a ‘secret’ sister island called Lonubo, mentioned above in dining choices. This petit desert island offers opportunities to enjoy romantic picnics, candlelit dinners and even overnight stays in a romantic villa with private hot tub. It is recommended that you pre-book your visit to Lonubo prior to arriving on Maafushivaru as it is a very popular must-have on visitor’s wish lists.
The island has it’s own diving school and offer a wide range of underwater experiences catering for all levels. How about mixing it up and going on a nighttime dive?
The accommodation offers different styles of villas, reflecting the Maldivian style. There is a variety to choose from:
- Beach Villas – Private sea-facing deck, nestled in island vegetation. Semi-open-air shower and a garden rainfall shower.
- Water Villa – Positioned over the water, with captivating views of the lagoon and with private steps into the ocean.
- Beach Pool Villa – Set on the beach with its own private pool.
- Duplex Pool Villa – Ideal for couples or small families, comes with a garden bathroom and a private pool.
- Water Pool Villa – Set over the water offering magnificent views of the lagoon, you will have your own private pool as well as private access into the lagoon.
Pricing & Upgrades
- Newly refurbished luxury make-over
- Uninhabited private sister island
- Villa options with private pools
- Perfect honeymoon and renewal of vowels setting
- Located in South Ari Atoll
- Total of 81 villas
- 4 restaurants
- Onsite activities, snorkelling and dive school
Airport transfer time 25 minutes by seaplane from Male airport
Board Basis: This offer is based on Half Board. Additional upgrade options are available to half board plus and all inclusive.
Meal Upgrade Options:
Half Board Plus – Per person, per night: from £64 • Buffet breakfast and dinner at the Cuisine Gallery • Selected alcoholic drinks including branded spirits, cocktails, house wine by the glass, draught beer. Soft drinks and mineral water also included • Snorkelling equipment and non-motorised watersports.
Dine-Around All Inclusive from £115 • Buffet breakfast at the Cuisine Gallery • Lunch and dinner at a choice of restaurants • Selected alcoholic drinks including branded spirits, cocktails, house wine by the glass, draught beer. Soft drinks and mineral water also available
Accommodation: This offer is based on a Beach Villa. Upgrades are available to a Water Villa, Beach Pool Villa, Duplex Pool Villa, and Water Pool Villa. Please ask for more details.
Not sure when you would like to travel? See below for our monthly price breakdown:
- January 2022, from – £3,850 pp
- February 2022, from – £3,200 pp
- March 2022, from – £3,150 pp
- April 2022, from – £3,300pp
- May 2022, from – £2,630pp
- June 2022, from – £2,630 pp
- July 2022, from – £2,525 pp
- August 2022, from – £2,740 pp
- September 2022, from – £2,740 pp
- October 2022, from – £2,740 pp
- November 2022, from – £3,318 pp
- December 2022, from – £3,420 pp